35 years later and some things seem the same! We Must Stay Ever Vigilant
- Proposed 20 Room ‘Boutique’ Hotel Planned for Howard Wharf
- Howard Wharf Hotel Hits Snag
- Google Map of Howard Wharf
FOW Letter sent to CRMC in support of public access to move private fence
2016 Year in Review
2016 Seminar – Keeping History Above Water
Disposal and Reuse of Surplus Property at Naval Station (NAVSTA) Newport
Dinghy Planters – Article from Newport This Week, April 7, 2016
Mary Ferrazolli – Founder of Friends of The Waterfront
Newport City Manager Memo re Status of Navy Hospital Land, June, 2014
“Abandonment Statute Is the Only Method by Which a Municipality May Abandon a Public Highway.” April, 2012
Newport City Council Workshop Slideshow Presentation from Sea Grant and FXM Associates — Nov. 9, 2010
FXM Associates Summary Report “The Contribution of Waterfront Land Uses to Municipal Revenues in Newport”
What Will Newport’s Waterfront Look Like in 2030. A Summary Report June 11, 2008.
At a Harbor Walk backgound meeting several years ago three slide shows were presented and each summarized in a PDF file.
[These are LARGE pdf files and may take a while to download.]
While audio is not available the photos and illustrations are informative:
- Garman History of Newport RI Waterfront
- Taylor & Partners 2004 Urban Design for Central Newport, RI
- Warner Presentation
Sea Grant Guide to Public Access in RI including coverage of Newport starting on pdf page 84.
Detailed history of the legal development of one section of Newport’s Waterfront Walk at Wellington Resort with FoW input:
Detailed RI Supreme Court Ruling on Streets and Rights of Way in Regard to Newport’s Scott’s Wharf, North Commercial and South Commerical Wharfs
- RI Supreme Court Ruling on Newport’s Scott’s Wharf, July, 2005
- Providence Journal’s Summary of the Scott’s Wharf Ruling
- Salve Regina U. Study Report on the Southern Thames St. Neighborhood History 2004.